How do I get a tax number in Ireland for a company?


The TR2 form is the form used to register a company for taxes in Ireland. These taxes can be Corporation Tax, Value Added Tax (VAT), Employer Taxes (PAYE/PRSI) and also Relevant Contracts Tax (RCT) if necessary. You don’t need to complete each tax section, only the ones that apply to your company.

The form also gives a lot of detail on the company, like the company name, trading name, business/registered office address, CRO number, registration date, year-end date etc.

You can download the TR2 form here:


Sole Traders/Partnerships


You will need to use TR1 to register for taxes as a Sole Trader or Partnership.

You can download the TR1 form here:

Products related to this post:

Mark Sweetman, ACA

Mark Sweetman, ACA

As a Chartered Accountant I've built my experience working within the SaaS and digital technology industries, growing early-stage businesses from the inside. I help digital entrepreneurs understand their companies and ensure they have all the tools they require to succeed and thrive. I love adopting new tech solutions and making use of these to increase efficiency within our clients' businesses.